Monday, May 7, 2012

Steak with Cilantro Lime Sauce

I have been craving steak for a while. A nice, thick juicy steak. And so I had one.

The problem was, I wanted a new sauce. Ok, I love my Vidalia Onion and Fig Sauce from Stonewall Kitchen, but I eat it every single time with steak. I wanted something new. (Someone asked what is new? And what did you tell them? I told them I would ask!... Sorry, Ratatouille moment!)

I had been reading about chimichurri, an Argentinian sauce made from parsley, garlic and olive oil, along with other seasonings. I had a bunch of cilantro waiting to be used up, so I made a cilantro version of chimichurri, using only garlic and olive oil. It was fantastic! I increased the drama by adding some lime zest and a squeeze of lime juice. This really packed a flavor punch and voila! My sauce was ready for eating.

This recipe is a great way to use up leftover cilantro, which I almost always have. It comes together in a jiffy and is incredibly delicious. Try it over some steak tonight!



Steak with Cilantro Lime Sauce
Serves 4

2 steaks, your favorite cut
1 large handful cilantro
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 lime, zested and 1/2 juiced
olive oil

1. In a food processor, chop cilantro and garlic clove until finely minced. Add in lime zest and juice and enough olive oil to make a thick, runny paste. Set aside to let flavors meld.
2. Cook steak on the barbie or on a grill pan until done as you like it. Remove from grill and spritz steaks with the other lime half. Serve with cilantro lime sauce over the steaks.

Enjoy!


Linked up at Thursday Treasures.

3 comments:

  1. I'll bet the flavors just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They definitely do! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful! Thank you for sharing on Thursday's Treasures Week 33. I'll see you again next week. <3 and hugs! http://www.recipesformyboys.com/2012/05/thursdays-treasures-1st-co-host-is-joan.html

    ReplyDelete

Share This!