Friday, May 25, 2012

Asparagus and Prosciutto Pasta

And another asparagus recipe appears! My inspiration for this recipe was actually a recipe I made a while back, my asparagus, pea and proscuitto risotto. The other night, I was really craving risotto, but didn't have the energy to cook it. So I took the easy way out and made pasta!

I steamed the asparagus over the boiling water while the pasta was cooking, which shortened the time considerably. While the pasta was cooking, I browned some garlic in a little olive oil, then drizzled it over the final pasta dish. Salty prosciutto rounded out the meal for some meatiness.

If you are craving an easy, mouthwatering pasta dish, this is the recipe for you. Give it a try tonight! Adding a little Parmesan probably wouldn't hurt either! ;)



Asparagus and Prosciutto Pasta
Serves 4

1 bunch asparagus, stems snapped off, remaining cut in half
1/2 box penne pasta
8 oz prosciutto
2 garlic cloves, minced finely
1/4 c. olive oil
salt and pepper

1. Bring a large stock pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to directions. During last 7 minutes, steam asparagus. Drain and set aside.
2. In a small saute pan, briefly cook garlic in olive oil

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!