Sunday, May 13, 2012

Roast Beef and Goat Cheese Sandwich with Pesto

These sandwiches came almost out of necessity. I offered to bring sandwiches for our ski day, and asked my dad and brother what they liked. I couldn't get a straight answer out of them, so I fudged with whatever sounded good. As I was wandering around the store, I spotted some sliced roast beef with slices of Havarti next to each other in the deli case. I quickly picked some up, then made my way to the lettuce section to pick out some greens. A container of red pepper pesto caught my eye and stealthily made its way into my shopping basket. Same thing happened with a round of goat cheese. Crazy how those things happen, huh?

Anyways, I thought the sandwiches were a hit. A few weeks later, I made the same sandwich, but used basil pesto instead of red pepper and discovered another great sandwich. Feel free to sub in some Havarti for the goat cheese. It's delicious either way!

And you know what, I think I'm going to have this for lunch today. YUM!




Roast Beef and Goat Cheese Sandwiches with Pesto
Makes 4 Sandwiches

8 slices whole wheat bread
1 lb sliced roast beef
4 oz goat cheese, plain or herbed
1 container of basil or red pepper pesto
lettuce greens
snow peas, optional

1. Toast bread, if desired. Spread 1 oz. of goat cheese on a slice of bread. Spread some pesto on another slice. Layer a quarter of the roast beef on the goat cheese side, add some lettuce greens, then top with snow peas, if using. Put pesto slice on top and cut any which way you please.
2. Repeat for remaining sandwiches.

Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. that looks delicious,thanks for the ideas! I hope to experiment with lots of different kinds of pesto this spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete

Share This!