Friday, May 4, 2012

I love the rain; I hate the rain.

Today is one of those days where I hate the rain.

You think I would be used to it, living in Seattle for 23 years. But no, I don't love it like you think I would.

Mikaela Dunn

Yes, I know the difference between a shower, a drizzle, and a mist. I coordinate my schedule by the rain. Traffic can be dictated by the rain. I've learned to live with those facts, but yet, today I hate the rain.

Maybe because it's windy too and that is sending chills up my spine. Maybe because I'm tired and a tad bit cranky, so the rain is getting to me more than normal.

Living here in Seattle has it's perks. It's absolutely beautiful, we almost always have fresh smelling air, and we actually have 4 distinct seasons. There are mountains, trees, lakes, rivers, beaches all within a few minutes. And if you get tired of those, we have deserts and rainforests and oceans not too far away either.

I've learned to walk in the rain, run in the rain, ski in the rain, hike in the rain, basically do everything in the rain because it's here whether you like it or not.

Rain is kind of like the bad things in life. They are always going to be there, but you have to learn to live with them, or move to another place that doesn't have the bad things. But you can never escape it.

So I think today instead of hating the rain, I'm going to learn to love the rain. Again. And go heat up another cup of hot tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!