Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Roasted Asparagus and Lemon-Wine Poached Salmon - 200th post!

Wow! Can you believe I have done 200 posts already? I can't. Well, sort of. I've been writing this blog since 2009, but it was rather sporadic for the first few years. This year was definitely a turning point for me. I've been cooking, creating and exploring more and I don't see me slowing down anytime soon! And now, back to your regular scheduled programming. :D

Ok, so I know the rest of the country is feeling this sweltering heat wave, but over here it's been pretty cool, cloudy and rainy. I'm so thankful for that because I just melt in the heat!

A few weeks ago, I came home from work and was tired. I didn't feel like cooking anything fancy, and I didn't feel like going out to eat. I didn't cook the night before, so I had some salmon and some asparagus, just waiting to be cooked.


I decided to roast the asparagus and then gently steam the salmon in a lemon-wine broth. The dinner turned out delicious! It took me literally 20 minutes to make. I suggest making this meal if you are crunched on time, but want something healthy and delicious!




Roasted Asparagus and Lemon-Wine Poached Salmon
Serves 4

1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper

1 lb. salmon fillet
olive oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 c. white wine
thyme sprig

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. On a baking sheet, lay asparagus in a flat layer. Sprinkle garlic, salt and pepper over asparagus, then drizzle with olive oil. Roll spears around to get completely coated. Roast in oven for 7-10 minutes until tender and tips begin to get crispy! Remove from oven and let sit until salmon is done.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper over salmon fillet, then rub with 1 tbsp olive oil. Put fillet in pan, skin side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add lemon juice, white wine and thyme sprig. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5-7 minutes until fish begins to flake. Remove from pan and let sit for 3 minutes before serving.
3. Serve with your choice of grain.

Time: 30 minutes

Enjoy!



Oh and:

 Happy Independence Day!  





Share This!