Thursday, May 3, 2012

Popcorn: 4 Ways

I love popcorn. And so does my dog. She's a popcorn fanatic. Anytime she hears popcorn popping, she's there, waiting for some to spill so she can gobble it up.

Anyways, back to the popcorn. I used to be a big microwave popcorn gal. I didn't know there was any other way until I came across this post here. Michelle has a great post on how to make popcorn in a large stockpot and that is how I make it now.



The other day I was in an experimenting mood and I decided to try some new flavors on my popcorn. I came up with curry popcorn, cocoa popcorn and garlic rosemary popcorn. All three were delicious! Just follow Michelle's recipe and toss in the following flavorings:



Curry Popcorn

1 tbsp curry powder for 1 c. popcorn (unpopped)
1 tsp salt




Garlic Rosemary Popcorn

1 tbsp garlic salt
1 tsp crushed rosemary
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp salt



 

Cocoa Popcorn (for those who have a sweet tooth!)

2 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp powdered sugar

Mix the ingredients together, then toss with the popcorn.


Enjoy!




Linked at Miz Helen's and Recipes for my Boys

Share This!