Thursday, May 3, 2012

Popcorn: 4 Ways

I love popcorn. And so does my dog. She's a popcorn fanatic. Anytime she hears popcorn popping, she's there, waiting for some to spill so she can gobble it up.

Anyways, back to the popcorn. I used to be a big microwave popcorn gal. I didn't know there was any other way until I came across this post here. Michelle has a great post on how to make popcorn in a large stockpot and that is how I make it now.



The other day I was in an experimenting mood and I decided to try some new flavors on my popcorn. I came up with curry popcorn, cocoa popcorn and garlic rosemary popcorn. All three were delicious! Just follow Michelle's recipe and toss in the following flavorings:



Curry Popcorn

1 tbsp curry powder for 1 c. popcorn (unpopped)
1 tsp salt




Garlic Rosemary Popcorn

1 tbsp garlic salt
1 tsp crushed rosemary
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp salt



 

Cocoa Popcorn (for those who have a sweet tooth!)

2 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp powdered sugar

Mix the ingredients together, then toss with the popcorn.


Enjoy!




Linked at Miz Helen's and Recipes for my Boys

10 comments:

  1. What creative popcorn flavors! I love them all! Curry would be something different for me to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The curry one was definitely good and you should try it!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I could eat all of these! Thank you so much for sharing on Thursday's Treasures Week 32! <3 and hugs! http://www.recipesformyboys.com/2012/05/thursdays-treasures-week-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you posted this at Recipes for my Boys, love popcorn! And so quick and easy, will be trying these out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVE popcorn here too. I just bought an air popper and love it.... saves from needing any oil. But adding these flavors would be so great and I'm pinning this to try soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel,
    I just love popcorn and would love these snacks! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Share This!