Friday, May 11, 2012

Pot Stickers with My Favorite Dipping Sauce

I love pot stickers. They are one of my favorite comfort foods and I love spending time making them on a weekend. I remember during my teens, me and my mom would be in the kitchen for hours making a ton of pot stickers to freeze and reheat for a snack or meal.

Nowadays, I don't take the time to make the pot stickers very often, so I usually resort to store bought ones. My favorite are the chicken and veggie pot stickers made by Ling Ling. I really don't like their sauce, so I usually make my own. It's the same recipe I've been making for years, and typically use as a base for all my stir fries.

Feel free to add in any extras to make it your own sauce. Try ginger, minced garlic, chives,  hoisin sauce, sriracha, or anything you can think of!



Pot Stickers with My Favorite Dipping Sauce
Serves 2

12 pot stickers (6 each)
vegetable oil
4 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp sesame oil

1. Heat 2 tbsp veggie oil in a large saute pan over med-high heat. Add pot stickers and brown on bottom for 3-4 minutes. Brown on one side for 2-3 minutes, then on the other. 
2. Add 1/4 c. water to pan and cover quickly with a lid. Turn heat to med-low and let steam for 5-7 minutes until pot stickers are cooked through.
3. Whisk remaining ingredients together for sauce. Serve with cooked pot stickers.

Enjoy!




feed my family friday




3 comments:

  1. I'm going to earn major brownie points in my house with this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that looks good. i love pot stickers. thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

Share This!