Thursday, May 17, 2012

Banana and Mango Salad

Quick story with this one. I had a mango, it needed to be eaten. I knew the mango by itself wouldn't be enough to satisfy my sweet tooth, so the banana offered itself up. The banana and mango cried out, we need some spice here, lady! The cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice all jumped up and said, Oooh! Pick me! Pick me! So I picked all three. The agave nectar stood by while all this commotion was going on, waiting patiently like a grasshopper. After the ruckus had died down, the agave stood up straight as a general and proclaimed, To satisfy this lady's sweet tooth, you will need some of me. Otherwise, fail, you will. The rest agreed wholeheartedly, and the agave joined the bunch in silent dignity.

Together, they made a delicious dessert that definitely pleased this lady's palate.

(Ok sorry, I got a little carried away there. Hope it made you laugh at least a little. No? Well, I tried.)



Banana and Mango Salad
Serves 1

1 mango, diced
1 banana, sliced (oh a rhyme!)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
dash of allspice
agave nectar, for drizzling

Combine all the ingredients and toss to mix. Eat gleefully! :)

Enjoy!


Linked at Thursday's Treasures.









4 comments:

  1. I love it, you play with your food too! Sounds yummy, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm definitely goofy when it comes to playing with my food. :)

      Delete
  2. ohhh I love the cinnamon and nutmeg in this- so smart!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMMMM Is that my bowl? It looks so good! Thank you for sharing on Thursday's Treasures. Hope to see you again next week. <3 and hugs! http://www.recipesformyboys.com/2012/05/thursdays-treasures-week-34.html

    ReplyDelete

Share This!