Sunday, July 8, 2012

Stella Clone Pork Stew with Roasted Veggies

Let me just say one thing here. Beer is delicious. The darker the beer, the better.

However, I have about 15 bottles left of a Stella clone my brother made for me. Only problem is that I'm not drinking them fast enough because 1. there are so many and 2. see above (as in, I prefer darker beers).

So what did I do? I made a stew! A pork stew, nontheless. With roasted veggies.

And guess what! It was freakin delicious! I had never really cooked with beer before (just wine), but now I'm definitely going to experiment with more beer recipes. Guinness stew, anyone? (YES PLEASE!)



Stella Clone Pork Stew with Roasted Veggies
Serves 4

1 lb. pork stew meat
1 bunch carrots, peeled and chopped
4 yukon gold potatoes, diced
1 onion, sliced
1 bottle Stella
sprig of rosemary
olive oil
salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Put veggies on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes until slightly caramelized, but not falling apart. Remove from oven and set aside.
2. In a large dutch oven, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Brown pork, then add 1/2 c. Stella plus 1/2 c. water. Add veggies and rosemary; top with enough Stella to just cover everything.
3. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until pork is cooked. Serve with quinoa or noodles.

Time: 45 minutes

Enjoy!




6 comments:

  1. Your stew looks so hearty and delicious! I love the beer in it! Such great flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Drool* Great recipe Rachel, looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great use of beer!
    Found you via Beyond the Peel's Keep it Real Thursday. I linked in bacon and scrambled egg rolls. Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carole! I will have to check your recipe out!

      Delete

Share This!