Saturday, May 19, 2012

Garlic Artichoke Appetizer

Who doesn't love garlic? I sure do. And who doesn't love spinach and artichoke dip? I sure do!

Anyways, I was really wanting some creamy artichoke dip, but that would be the death of my stomach, so I pondered how to make an artichoke appetizer to satisfy my craving. A few quartered frozen artichoke hearts in a tangy garlic vinaigrette, baked in the oven till hot and roasty and served with some bread to mop up the delicious goodness was definitely up my alley. This appetizer is a perfect way to start out an everyday meal, but fancy enough to serve at cocktail hour. Now, where did I put my sea breeze?



Garlic Artichoke Appetizer
Serves 4

1 bag frozen artichoke hearts
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
salt and pepper
chives, for garnish
baguette, sliced

1. Heat oven to 400 F. In a large baking dish, scatter artichoke hearts, still frozen. Whisk together garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over artichokes and toss to combine.
2. Bake 10 minutes, until hot. Sprinkle chopped chives over the top and serve with baguette slices.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!