Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Asparagus and Hummus on Pita

Another asparagus recipe! I love asparagus, and since it's only in season here for 2 months or so, I try to gobble it up as much as I can. I typically will keep some steamed asparagus in my fridge as a quick side dish or snack. This recipe came to exist from me being hungry and not wanting to go to the store. Don't you love those recipes?

I was just going to have some hummus and pita, but then I saw my steamed asparagus and decided to add some on top of the toasted pita. Spread a little hummus, drizzle a little olive oil, some salt and pepper, and you've got one delectable spring snack, easy peasy!



Asparagus and Hummus on Toasted Pita
Serves 1

1 pita, whole wheat
hummus
a few spears of steamed asparagus
olive oil
salt and pepper

Heat oven to 400 F. Add pita and toast lightly on both sides. Brush with hummus, layer asparagus spears on top, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!