Monday, March 7, 2011

Which way?

I’ve been really torn with which direction to take my blog. Should I exclusively do food, or should I venture into my personal life? Should I stick with seasonal cooking (which I’ve got down pretty well, I’d say), or should I venture out into the (kinda sorta) unknown of Slavic cuisine?

Well, I’m about to find out. I’ve decided to start a(nother!) blog about Slavic cuisine because I’ve begun translating my grandmother’s cookbook. It’s going to take me a long time since 1) it’s all in Czech, 2) everything is weighed and most ingredients are in decagrams (?!?) and 3) it’s really old and falling apart and my mom won’t let it out of her sight so I have to photocopy every single page very carefully. Sounds like fun, huh?

I don’t want to just purely translate the recipes and make them as they are. I want to put my spin on them, update them, bring them into the 21st century! Which is going to take a lot of work and a lot of trial and error. And a lot of time. So I won’t be able to follow the cardinal rule of posting every single day. Silly full-time job that's takes up all my time away from cooking!

Hopefully this will be unique enough to draw people in. Then again, it might push them away since it’s such a foreign topic. I’m not really sure what will happen. But I’m gonna go for it. And hey, even if no one reads it, I’ll still enjoy the learning process and I’ll have something to look back on later.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!