Friday, March 18, 2011

Buying Our First House

Tim and I are debating whether or not we should buy a house. Currently, we live in a 2 bedroom apartment that I'm not really too fond of (except for the stove.. it's gas and I loooooooooooooove it!). Our lease is up in June and we want to move about 15 miles south. The only problem is that in the area where we want to move to, there are only like 3 apartment complexes (and about 3 more for seniors only.. darn if only I was 30 years older!). Two of them are not very nice and the third is nice, but I'd want a 3 bedroom apartment for all of our stuff and I'm not sure if they will have one available when we need it. So all of that kinda cramps our style, ifyaknowwhatImean.

We have been looking at houses online and there are a lot for sale in our price range. And by a lot I mean like 313, according to Zillow. We'd like to have at least half an acre for a veggie garden and room for a dog to run around, so that narrows it down to 238. Whew. That’s a lot of choose from.

Pretty much right now is the best time for us (or anyone really) to buy a house. We don’t have to try to sell anything, we both have stable jobs and we have a good amount of money saved up.

There are just a lot of other issues going on that kinda dampen the excitement of buying a house. Like the fact that we only have 2.5 months until we have to be out of our current apartment, which is not a whole lot of time to spend looking for a house. And the apartments we are looking at have a minimum lease of 6 months, which would cost us a lot of money if we found the right house soon after we moved into the apartment.

And we would have to move all our stuff twice. Which would not be fun, since we have a few really heavy things so we would need some pretty buff guys to help out.

I’m checking out a bunch of books from the library to help guide us on what to do when we finally decide to buy, but until then I am pretty lost.

If you have any pointers, please please leave me a comment!! I’d love to hear some advice.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!