Monday, March 14, 2011

Disaster Preparedness

With all that is going on in Japan and all the stuff they are predicting is going to happen in the next few weeks, I have been freaking out a little. It's so amazing how one minute, your life is normal, you do your everyday stuff, but then in the next minutes, your whole life is upside down and you don't know what to do. I'm kinda the person that freaks out a lot when bad things happen, so I'm trying to prepare myself, mentally and physically.

My mom should really be considered the disaster preparedness queen. She's got every supply you could think that you would need in case of an earthquake. She's totally prepared, physically. Mentally, I don't think anyone is ever prepared fully. I would love to be as prepped as she is, but in a little tiny apartment that is already stuffed to the gills, I don't think I can store a tent, a tarp, a week's worth of food, a bazillion gallons of water, and all the other stuff we would need. So pretty much my plan is to get to my parents house as quick as I can.

Even though I feel slightly better with a plan, it's still really unnerving with all the possibilites they are talking about. An earthquake so huge it sets of Mt. Rainier and creates a tsunami in Puget Sound. Yikes! I'm praying that none of them ever come true, but I know that we are due for an earthquake and Mt. Rainier is due for an eruption. I just hope they don't happen at the same time!

Sorry for this random (and a little somber) post. It's just been gnawing at me for a while now. Especially since I was really scared of volcanoes and earthquakes when I was little (thanks so much to Dante's Peak and all those disaster movies...).

Keep praying for the Japanese, and maybe throw a quick prayer for the west coast that we don't have an earth quake too.

Thanks, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!