Friday, March 25, 2011

Salad with Lemon-Dill Dressing

I really love eating salads as a side dish or as a snack, especially in spring and summer. I always grew up eating a salad of pepperjack cheese, salami and onion with Italian dressing whenever I was hungry for a snack. I usually use a lemon dressing that is pretty basic (lemon juice and olive oil) whenever I have salad for a side dish. I decided to spice it up for dinner last night, and I think it turned out pretty good. Tim thought it was a little spicy because of the garlic, so if you don't want it to be as spicy just cut the garlic in larger chunks. Also, if the dressing is a little too sour, add a pinch of sugar to balance it out. I think this has now become my favorite dressing.



Salad with Lemon-Dill Dressing

Serves 4

4 c. salad leaves
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp dried dill
Salt and pepper

Blend together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and dill until an emulsion forms. Mix in salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over salad leaves.

Enjoy!






   

Sign up for our email list to get weekly recipe digests, updates on events, get a free e-cookbook and be entered for a monthly drawing for a free cookbook (Up to a value of $31.95. Limit one per person). Who wouldn't want all that?


* indicates required

















      

   

   





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!