Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Israeli Couscous with Lime and Tomatoes

Here is the recipe for the Israeli Couscous. I’d never had it before, but I heard lots of great things about this type of couscous. I decided to buy some on a whim one day, and I’m sure glad I did. I like it a lot better than regular couscous, because the “grains” (or rather pasta) are a lot bigger and I feel like you can taste the flavor a lot better.

Personally, I avoid cooking couscous in water because it turns out very bland. It would be like eating pasta straight from the boiling water, with no sauce, no butter, nothing. Yuck! Instead, I always use some sort of stock. This time I used chicken, but vegetable would work just as good.




Israeli Couscous with Lime and Tomatoes

Serves 4

1 c. Israeli couscous
1 ½ c. chicken stock
1 lime, zested and juiced
1 tomato, diced
Salt and pepper

  1. Bring chicken stock to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add couscous and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
  2. Stir in lime zest and juice and diced tomato. Season with salt and pepper.

Enjoy!






   

Sign up for our email list to get weekly recipe digests, updates on events, get a free e-cookbook and be entered for a monthly drawing for a free cookbook (Up to a value of $31.95. Limit one per person). Who wouldn't want all that?


* indicates required

















      

   

   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!