Friday, June 22, 2012

Salami and Asparagus Salad with Pesto Dressing

This is another "hey what in the fridge can I toss together to make dinner?" kind of meal. It was getting late, I didn't feel like going to the store after work and I needed dinner. I had salami, goat mozzarella, leftover asparagus and some pesto sauce. I didn't feel like pasta, so I made a salad!

This salad really reminded me of one of my favorite snacks I had growing up. It was iceberg lettuce, salami, pepperjack cheese, diced white onion and Italian Good Seasonings dressing. I loved eating that salad and would eat bowl fulls. I think my newer version is a lot tastier and has more grown up flavors, don't ya think?



Salami and Asparagus Salad with Pesto Dressing
Serves 1

salami, cubed
mozzarella cheese, goat or cow
asparagus, steamed and cut into pieces
your favorite salad green mix
pesto sauce
olive oil
salt and pepper

Mix together 1 tbsp pesto sauce with about 1 tbsp olive oil to make a dressing like consistency. Add a little more olive oil if you like a runnier dressing. Toss salami, cheese, asparagus pieces and salad greens. Drizzle dressing over the top.

Time: 5 minutes

Enjoy!

 Shared at Whole Food Wednesdays, Allergy Free Wednesdays .


Share This!