Friday, June 22, 2012

Salami and Asparagus Salad with Pesto Dressing

This is another "hey what in the fridge can I toss together to make dinner?" kind of meal. It was getting late, I didn't feel like going to the store after work and I needed dinner. I had salami, goat mozzarella, leftover asparagus and some pesto sauce. I didn't feel like pasta, so I made a salad!

This salad really reminded me of one of my favorite snacks I had growing up. It was iceberg lettuce, salami, pepperjack cheese, diced white onion and Italian Good Seasonings dressing. I loved eating that salad and would eat bowl fulls. I think my newer version is a lot tastier and has more grown up flavors, don't ya think?



Salami and Asparagus Salad with Pesto Dressing
Serves 1

salami, cubed
mozzarella cheese, goat or cow
asparagus, steamed and cut into pieces
your favorite salad green mix
pesto sauce
olive oil
salt and pepper

Mix together 1 tbsp pesto sauce with about 1 tbsp olive oil to make a dressing like consistency. Add a little more olive oil if you like a runnier dressing. Toss salami, cheese, asparagus pieces and salad greens. Drizzle dressing over the top.

Time: 5 minutes

Enjoy!

 Shared at Whole Food Wednesdays, Allergy Free Wednesdays .


5 comments:

  1. Yum! Looks perfect, pinned, and I will be featuring your recipe this week on Allergy Free Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering just looking at this tasty salad recipe! Salami and asparagus sound perfect together. Thank you for sharing this awesome recipe this week on Allergy-Free Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am featuring this incredible salad this week on Allergy-Free Wednesdays :)

    ReplyDelete

Share This!