Monday, June 11, 2012

Asparagus and Salmon Stir Fry

Ok, I know, I know, you are probably getting sick of all the asparagus recipes. Trust me, there will be an end. Soon. Maybe? Ok I can't guarantee it will be anytime soon, but it will be soon. Ish.

On another note, you should try this stir fry. It was UH-mazing! Salmon and asparagus are just natural winners together, but to make them into a stir fry is heaven! Well, at least as heavenly as a stir fry can get. It ain't no chocolate cake, you feel me? Mmmm... cake....

Ok enough of the cake talk. Onto the stir fry! The sauce is based off of my favorite pot sticker dipping sauce, with some hoisin sauce and garlic added in. The salmon is stir fried quickly, followed by the asparagus, snow peas and diced red bell pepper. The sauce is stirred in and voila! An easy, one-pan meal in minutes.




Asparagus and Salmon Stir Fry

Serves 4

 3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 lb. wild salmon fillet, cut into 1" squares
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
1 c. snow peas
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
veggie oil
Rice, for serving

1. Mix together first 5 ingredients for sauce and set aside. Bring large stock pot of water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook for 3-4 minutes. Put spears in an ice water bath, drain and set aside.
2. Heat wok or large saute pan over medium high heat. Add salmon, stir frying, until the fish begins to flake. Remove from pan.
3. Add asparagus, snow peas and bell pepper. Stir fry for 1 minute, then add sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes till sauce thickens. Add salmon and stir to combine.

Serve over rice.

Enjoy!



Linked at Thursday Treasures.

6 comments:

  1. This is totally my kind of stir fry. I just need to go out and get some mirin...why I don't have some I have no idea. Bring on the asparagus. Love it! Thank You for sharing this with us at Whole Food Wednesdays. http://www.beyondthepeel.net/2012/06/mostimportanttoremember.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was super simple and easy. I had never stir fried with asparagus before, but it was definitely tasty!

      Delete
  2. That looks very tasty! I really love the design of that dish because it is very simple and it looks very delicious. I think this will be perfect for my lunch later. Thanks for sharing!

    Beef Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice recipe! I tried this last night for my dinner with my family and it's absolutely delicious! I wish you could post more stir fry recipe so that I can cook lots of recipe on stir fry. Thank you for sharing!

    Beef Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be sure to post more stir fries!

      Delete

Share This!