Friday, June 1, 2012

Snoqualmie Falls

I have been up to Snoqualmie Falls several times thoughout my life and I highly suggest that anyone who visits the Seattle area make a special trip up to the Falls.

From Left to Right: Holly, Sherry, Prathiba, Jennifer and Tonya


As you can see, the falls are quite large. We had a lot of snow this year, so the water level is even higher than normal!

Crystal, Laura and me


Look at all that mist!



After we took pictures and walked around the area near the falls, we headed in to the town of Snoqualmie for lunch. The Woodman Lodge looked rather interesting, so we stopped in. It was so cute!



There were lots of animals on the walls and it really felt like something from the early 20th century. The food was delicious too. Some gals had brunch items, others had lunch. I had a pulled BBQ pork sandwich with rosemary fries! YUM!

Snoqualmie River upstream from falls

After lunch, we walked around the town, going in and out of candy shops, toy stores and window shopping.

We headed back to North Bend and did some shopping at the Factory Stores. I definitely had to get some chocolate at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory! I love me some chocolate!

I had a great day with some great gals, touring around the Snoqualmie Valley. Next time, I think I want to explore to Fall City and Carnation. Hmmm.... another meetup! Anyone want to join? :)

Have a great day!





6 comments:

  1. The places you explore and hike are so beautiful... and I'm so jealous! :-) The waterfall is incredible. The restaurant looks cute ~ and umm Rosemary Fries? Yum!! I had truffle fries over the weekend ..... SO worth it! :-) Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Puget Sound area is my favorite place in the world. Everything here is really beautiful! I've never had truffle fries.. not a fan of mushrooms. Do the fries have a mushrooms taste to them? Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Oh I loved this place. We used to live in the Pacific Northwest and it by far has been my favorite place. We rode the train, which was absolute heaven for my then Thomas obsessed son.

    Found you through Let Birds Fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you ever go to the Thomas festival in Snoqualmie? I've been volunteering at that festival for almost every single year for the past 8 years!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. So pretty! I had no idea that these falls even existed!! I have friends that live in Seattle...maybe it's time that I go visit them...:)

    Thanks so much for linking up to my Travel Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You should definitely visit Seattle! It's such a gorgeous place! And make your friends take you to these falls. They are only about 45 minutes away from Seattle!

      Delete

Share This!