Saturday, March 31, 2012

Playing Tour Guide

A little over a year ago, I started a meetup group called Shy Gals of Seattle. It was meant for women who want to make friends, but are too shy to just go out and meet people. I am so glad I started it because it has pushed me out of my comfort zone and forced me to get over my shyness. I'm definitely not as shy as I used to be (and I still have my shy moments), and I'm so thankful for that.

Anyways, most of the gals that I have met are transplants and haven't lived in the Seattle area for very long. I'm one of the few that actually grew up around here, and it was kind of weird at first, but now I've found out I kinda like playing tour guide.

I like showing people around the Seattle area and showing them what the Puget Sound can offer. It's a beautiful place to live and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. By being a "tour guide," I've been able to show women how cool it is to live here.

I have also discovered that I actually do have leadership qualities. I now feel comfortable making decisions for a group of people on where to go and what to do. The women in my group tend to look to me for direction on where to go when we need to make a decision, and I used to shy away from those situations. Now, if one comes up, I just make a decision. I don't think about it at all, and I'm really starting to see how much I have changed since I started this meetup group.

Playing tour guide is fun!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!