Monday, March 26, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup

I love eating chicken noodle soup in the winter or any time I'm feeling under the weather. Usually if I don't have a lot of time, I will make my quick version of chicken noodle soup, but the last time I made this soup, I had the time and energy to spruce it up a bit. I roasted my own chicken with some garlic cloves, which I added to the soup. I also used multicolored carrots and parsley to make it look colorful.

Enjoy this soup next time you or your loved one is feeling a tad bit under the weather.



Chicken Noodle Soup

1 chicken breast, skin on, bone in
3 cloves garlic, skin left on
olive oil
salt and pepper
1 onion, sliced
3 carrots, sliced
2 stalks, sliced
1/2 bag egg noodles
4 cups chicken broth
Parsley, chopped

1. Heat oven to 350 F. Season chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in a baking dish and surround with garlic cloves. Bake for 30-45 minutes until a thermometer registers 140. Remove from oven and cover with foil. Let rest for 10-15 min. 
2. Once the chicken cools, shred it. 
3. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large soup pot. Add veggies and cook for a few minutes. Add chicken broth and egg noodles. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer, cook for 10 minutes. Peel and dice roasted garlic. Add shredded chicken and garlic. Serve with chopped parsley sprinkled in.

Enjoy!






   

Sign up for our email list to get weekly recipe digests, updates on events, get a free e-cookbook and be entered for a monthly drawing for a free cookbook (Up to a value of $31.95. Limit one per person). Who wouldn't want all that?


* indicates required


















      

   

   







No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!