Friday, March 2, 2012

Carrot and Apple Juice

My parents bought me a juicer for my birthday a few years ago and I have loved using it. Since I moved last august, it's been in a box. Last weekend, I pulled it out and decided to use up some produce that I wasn't going to cook with and I came up with this juice combo that was absolutely fantastic!

The apples sweetened the juice, masking the taste of the carrots. The oranges and lemon gave a nice citrusy-sour note. I made a really big batch and drank it throughout the week. In fact, I think I might go buy a lemon tonight and make some more.



Carrot and Apple Juice
Makes 6 servings

8 medium carrots, peeled and trimmed
2 apples, cored and cut into quarters
6 mandarin oranges, peeled
1 lemon, peeled

Juice all ingredients and mix together. Chill for an hour before serving. 

Enjoy!






   

Sign up for our email list to get weekly recipe digests, updates on events, get a free e-cookbook and be entered for a monthly drawing for a free cookbook (Up to a value of $31.95. Limit one per person). Who wouldn't want all that?


* indicates required


















      

   

   



2 comments:

  1. With all the rage of juicers, I almost picked one up at Costco this weekend! Your apple and carrot combo is encouraging me to go back and get it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love carrot and apple juices! I like to add a little ginger in mine, sometimes cucumber too. So refreshing!

    Found you from At Home With Kim!

    ReplyDelete

Share This!