Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Switching Seasons

My favorite season hands down used to be winter. I love the storms, the snow, curling up on a couch in front of a fire, hot cocoa, tea, warm stews. I love everything about winter.



Except that I can't go hiking in winter.


I mean, I know I can, I just haven't learned the skills to feel comfortable to go hiking in the snow. What is funny is that before this last summer, I didn't like summer at all. I dreaded it.



I always looked forward to winter for ski season, but now I'm looking forward to spring because I can hike and ski.



It's amazing how starting a new activity can really change your outlook. I'm still a cold weather girl, but to me there is nothing more inspiring than standing on top of a mountain peak, admiring the views. (Ok there is one person that is more inspiring to me, but other than them, mountains win!)


If you've never tried standing on top of a peak (or tallest hill you can find), try it. The hike up will be exhausting, but completely worth it.


I'm so excited for spring! It's getting worse because we've been having some unseasonably warm weather here in Seattle (60 F yesterday at about 2 pm!) and the sun has been taunting me with its gorgeous sunsets and sunrises. 


How's the weather in your neck of the woods?


*Pictures of some of my favorite ski areas and hikes (from top to bottom): East at Snoqualmie Pass, view from outside Leavenworth heading to Blewett Pass, view from top of Mission Ridge, Mirror Lake, Twin Falls, and at Carbon River Entrance to Mt. Rainier.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, those pictures are so beautiful!!! Here in the midwest, this is not our pretty season. :-) But it's been unseasonable warm, which is awesome! I too love hiking.... one of our family's favorite vacations in hiking in the mountains!!!

    ReplyDelete

Share This!