Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Exploring, but not writing

I've had a few food posts lined up, almost ready to go, but I haven't been in the mood to finish them and get them posted. I haven't been in a writing mood lately either. It seems I go through cycles of motivation. I can post regularly for a while, but then my motivation lags or my schedule gets busy and posting gets pushed to the side.

The reason for my current lack of motivation is because I was sick for a week and didn't hardly cook. I'm going to cook tonight, so I hope that will bring my motivation back, but I'm not in a cooking mood (maybe it's because I just ate some General Tso's chicken and its making my tummy feel funny!).

Lately, I've been in more of an exploring and crafty mood than a cooking mood. I've been really itching to go explore new areas and take pictures or to be crafty like making jewelry or learning how to knit (again!). I just don't have the time to do everything I want to do! Work takes up too much of my time! :)

Speaking of work, I've been thinking a lot about which direction I want to take my career. I know I eventually want to do something with food, but I really enjoy the freedoms I have with my current job. Being sick makes me do a lot of pondering.

Anyways, I'm done spewing out random thoughts. I'll get my cooking motivation back and post more pictures soon. Just writing this has made it come back just a little bit.. Maybe I'll post something tomorrow. How does an apple-walnut compote sound?

Have a great day!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!