Thursday, June 5, 2014

Super Fudgy Triple Chocolate Brownies (egg and dairy free)


I love brownies. Cakey, fudgey, you name it. I can't eat the boxed kind because of the milk by-products that are present in many of them, so I usually make my own. I have used many recipes over the years, but this one has got to be my favorite. It's fudgey and super chocolatey, while not being overly sweet. I love using Baker's unsweetened chocolate for the base because it is dairy-free. I also use dairy-free chocolate syrup (such as Torani's) and dark chocolate chips to make it extra chocolately. To make them egg-free, I use Ener-G Egg Replacer Powder mixed with a little almond milk to make up for the liquid.

Beware, these brownies are addicting!


Super Fudgy Triple Chocolate Brownies
makes 12 brownies

1/2 c. butter or vegan butter
3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1 tbsp chocolate syrup
1/2 c. sugar
1 tbsp Ener-G Egg Replacer Powder
2 tbsp almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 c. AP flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 c. dark chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x9x2 pan with baking spray. In a saucepan, melt butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat, stirring until melted. Add in chocolate syrup, sugar and vanilla and stir to mix.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and egg replacer powder. Toss in chocolate chips, then add to chocolate mixture in saucepan, along with almond milk. Stir until just combined.
3. Spread the batter into the pan and bake for 20 minutes. Cool, then slice and serve. They will be crumbly at first, but after they cool completely they will set nicely.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!