Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Steak and Strawberry Salad

Its strawberry season here in the Pacific Northwest! Farms left and right have set up berry stands everywhere, especially in the Puyallup/Sumner/Orting area. The other day I stopped by the Spooner Farms stand on Main St. and bought some of these beauties! 

I saved some for cooking, some for snacking and the rest were turned into jam. Yum yum!

The strawberries that were left eventually made their way into this salad, which came about by necessity. I had somewhere to be and I needed to eat dinner, quick! I peered into my fridge and it came to me: a steak and strawberry salad with balsamic dressing.

I grabbed whatever else I could find that would go with (cukes! avocado!), chopped it all up and threw it together. I was amazed at how good this salad was that I wrote it down with plans to make it again, which I haven't done yet, but it's on the list.

Make this easy quick salad tonight, especially if you have leftover steak! Mmmmm....


Steak and Strawberry Salad
serves 2

1/2 lb leftover steak, sliced thinly
1/2 pint strawberries, hulled and quartered
1/4 cucumber, sliced thinly then cut into half moons
1 avocado, cut in half, peeled and diced
1/2 head red leaf lettuce, washed, dried and cut into pieces

dressing:
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

To make dressing, whisk all ingredients together. For the salad, separate lettuce pieces onto two plates, then divide cucumber moons, strawberry quarters, diced avocado and steak slices between the two plates. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!