Monday, June 16, 2014

Rachel's Cobb Salad with Ranch Dressing (Egg and Dairy Free)

I'm not the biggest fan of ranch, but sometimes I get a craving for it that just won't go away. Like my cravings for buffalo wings. Sheesh! Don't get me started on those. A ranch craving popped up about a week ago, and ever since I've been dairy and egg free, I have not for the life of me been able to find a decent ranch dressing! I also haven't been able to find a dairy free ranch seasoning, until last week.

I was whipping through the store at lightning speed when I stopped by the salad dressing aisle. I decided to take a look at the seasoning packets for ranch dressing, just in case I found one that fit my requirements. And guess what? I did!

So I took it home and made my version of a Cobb salad, which is basically lots of veggies with ham. I followed the directions on the package with some additional ingredients and got a delicious ranch dressing. My next dressing project: make a killer blue cheese dressing using sheep's milk Roquefort. I think I'm going to need some more buffalo wings.



Rachel's Cobb Salad with Ranch Dressing (Egg and Dairy Free)
serves 2

1 head lettuce, rinsed and chopped
4 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 handful snap peas, cut in half
4 slices of ham, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
any other veggies you desire

Dressing:
1 tbsp ranch seasoning from packet (I used Uncle Dan's Classic Ranch)
1/4 c. egg-free canola based mayo
1/4 c. soy milk
1 tbsp rice vinegar

To make dressing, pour all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk to combine. Divide lettuce between two plates. Layer tomatoes, peas, ham and avocado on top, then drizzle with dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!