Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Spring Kitchen

Wow, I am finally done with my first cookbook. It took lots of work and re-working to finally finish it. It's definitely been an experience to try and self-publish, but I think it will definitely be worth it. Part of my struggle has been to get my cookbook down to a reasonable price while keeping the quality of the final product the same. I went from having it at $54 down to $27, which is still a little high for a cookbook, but for my first one AND being self-published, I think that's not too bad.


I already have my next book planned out called The Summer Kitchen. I am definitely going to need to cut out some recipes and pictures in order to lower the price, but I still want to have a really beautiful cookbook, and I do believe I will. A third book that I'm also working on (with no title yet!) has recipes inspired by dishes from Southern Europe, especially meals focusing on lots of plant-based ingredients. I have about 30 cookbooks roughly sketched (with many just an idea but not a single recipe ready!), so I will definitely be busy. 

My goal for this year is to have a four volume cookbook based on seasonal eating, which is so important to me. All of my recipes are dairy or egg free because of my allergies, and lately I have been trending towards eating more plant-based foods and really discovering a love for fresh fruits and vegetables that was deeper than I originally thought.


It feels so good to finally have my cookbook done! I'm really looking forward to seeing the final product, since I just ordered my final copy today and it won't be delivered until almost the end of the month. I am so excited now and this whole process has felt so healing almost. I feel so relaxed and happy, and I have discovered that I love having projects that take a few months to do, but in the end I will have an actual product to show for. Writing cookbooks is going to be something big for me, I can just feel it!

For a 15 page preview of my book, check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!