Monday, April 28, 2014

Cookbook - Almost there!


I'm almost done with my cookbook. I have just a few more recipes to cook and take photos of, then add some stories in, and then that's it! I've got to cover done, almost all the veggie recipes filled in and I'm so excited for it to be finally done.

I have been working on this since March, making my dream become a reality, and it has been so much fun! There are definitely a few things I've learned:

-I need to pace myself better. Somedays I will cook 4 or 5 dishes, and others I won't cook any. I'm going to give myself 3 months for my next book, which means only 2 recipes per day, not 3.

- I need to add stuff in to the cookbook as I create and not wait until the end. Although, I did "lose" all the recipes I had typed in somehow (they just disappeared on me!) so I might just type up the recipes somewhere else and then copy and paste.

- I realized that I did not end up with the recipes I started out with. Most of them were winners the first time around, but I decided early on that if the recipe I made did not excite me and make me want to eat all of the leftovers, then I wouldn't put it in my book. (Like the kiwi sorbet.. tasted good, but the color was yucky!)

-I also need to figure out what to do with the leftovers. Mark has been helping me eat them, but I swear I have gained at least 10 lbs since I started this book with all the good food I have been eating (well, the lack of good hiking weather hasn't helped, but I'm sure I'll work it off this summer!) Sooo... if you would like to help eat the leftovers, let me know and maybe you can come over for dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!