Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Deception Pass



Even though I've lived my whole life in Washington, there are so many places I haven't been. Deception Pass is one of them. I'm sure my parents or grandparents took me over the bridge when I was little, but I can't remember. And I'm definitely sure I never explored the state park that is there. Wow is it a gem! 





Tonya, Tina, Mark and I drove up to the park and were all hoping it wouldn't start raining on us. We were sure lucky, because soon enough, blue skies came out and it was a gorgeous day.





The hike itself isn't hard, but we took a really long time anyways because it was so picturesque and lovely in every direction! I had to stop and take pictures all over the place.




Being the "first" hike of the season (quotes because I've done other hikes this year but this was the official opener!), it was perfect weather and perfect scenery. I'm definitely going back to do this one again and camp at the state park.

Deception Pass Headlands
5 miles
350 ft elevation
Perfect year-round

More photos here.

1 comment:

  1. Love Deception Pass! Done the headlands hike, but have kayaked out of Bowman Bay lots and recently blogged about hiking in the woods and up Goose Rock looking for wild rhododendrons, guided by another blogger who lives up there. You got some great shots.

    ReplyDelete

Share This!