Thursday, August 8, 2013

BLTA with Herbed Mustard

It has been a difficult transition back to "normal" life after going to school. I always felt so rushed with everything and I'm having a hard time learning to slow back down. For the past two weeks (and I'm sure many before), I have felt run down and like I'm struggling just to make it to the weekends. The past two days triggered a lot of emotions to finally come out when my parents decided to put our dog to sleep. She was 14 and was no longer herself. She seemed to always be uncomfortable and it was finally time.

As much as I will miss her, I know she is in a better place and is hopefully joining all our other pets that have passed on. She was the first dog I ever had and even though we had times where we didn't get along, I always enjoyed spending time with her.

In honor of her, I've decided to post a BLTA sandwich, which is one of my favorite sandwiches, but it also highlights one of her favorite foods: tomatoes! She would always beg for tomatoes and would steal the bottom ones off any plants that we grew!

Instead of the usual mayo, I used some Herbs de Provence Mustard to spice it up and it was delicious! I highly suggest searching for some because it makes a fantastic spread, from sandwiches to grilled chicken.




BLTA with Herbed Mustard
Serves 2

4 slices roasted garlic bread
2 large tomatoes, sliced
1 avocado, sliced
A few slices of bacon
Lettuce leaves
Herbs de provence mustard

1.      Toast bread lightly, then spread mustard on both slices. Layer the lettuce, avocado, bacon and tomato, then top with other slice.
 


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. It is really hard to lose a best friend..your beloved dog. Many people do not undetstand this deep connection some have with their pets. I was also devastated when I lost my sweet dog of ,15 years.

    I appreciate the food dedication although I don't completely undetstand it. All the best.
    Sandra Walter-Meyer

    ReplyDelete

Share This!