Monday, July 8, 2013

Apricot Blueberry Wild Rice Pilaf

 I made this dish last summer and its been sitting on my to-write list for a long time. It was so delicious when I made it and I ate spoonfuls of it before it even got to my plate. I really love using packaged wild rice pilaf mixes and then making my own spice mix to go in it. I also love fruit in my rice pilaf, and the blueberries and apricots went great together.

Give this easy side dish a try tonight!





Apricot and Blueberry Wild Rice Pilaf

Serves 4

1 box wild rice pilaf (I like the Near East brand)
1 tsp ground sage
Salt and pepper
½ c. blueberries
2 apricots, diced

1.      Cook rice according to package directions, substituting in the sage and salt and pepper for the seasoning mix. After the rice is cooked, stir in the blueberries and apricots.
 

 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!