Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Crab and Lemon Spaghetti with Zucchini

In one of my favorite cookbooks, there is a recipe for a simple crab and lemon pasta dish that absolutely looked divine. I couldn't wait to try it, but I wanted to add a vegetable to it, just because I love vegetables. I thought about it for days which vegetable I wanted to add.

None of them seemed right, until I came across zucchini. The zucchini, sauteed in garlic olive oil, was a perfect accompaniment to the crab. The lemon zest and juice created a nice tang that melded perfectly with the rest of the dish. I've made this dish twice now and I can't get enough of it!






Crab and Lemon Spaghetti with Zucchini

½ lb crabmeat
Juice and zest of half a lemon
½ lb spaghetti
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 zucchini, diced
Pecorino Romano

1.      Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
2.      Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant and beginning to brown. Add in zucchini, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes until soft.
3.      Add pasta to zucchini, and stir. Drizzle with lemon juice, olive oil and lemon zest. Stir in crab meat.
4.      Serve with shaved pecorino romano.
 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!