Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Kale and Apple Salad with Turkey


I recently signed up for a weekly CSA box from Full Circle and one of the first things I got was a bunch of kale. Now, I love kale, but I really didn’t feel like cooking it, so I made it into a salad. Plus, it was lunch time and I was hungry for something quick. I had also gotten some apples in my box, so I thought I would use those. I stopped at the store to pick up some sliced turkey, and then when I got home, my bottle of pomegranate molasses grabbed my eye. The dressing was delightfully sweet and tart and it went perfect with the kale and apples. 


 Kale and Apple Salad with Turkey

Serves 2

1 bunch kale, rinsed and chopped
1 apple, cored and diced
¼ lb cooked turkey breast, shredded
Sesame seeds

Dressing:
Juice from ½ lemon
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper

1.      Mix together ingredients for dressing. Put kale in a bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil, then massage until the kale begins to wilt. Add in apple and turkey and toss with dressing. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, then serve.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!