Sunday, April 22, 2012

Orange Beef Stir Fry

Stir fries are one of my favorite things to make for dinner. I'm sure I've said that over and over, but really, they are so easy! I like coming up with new flavor combinations. Sometimes they are out of this world (like this recipe!), other times they fall flat, but are still tasty.

I enjoyed this one a few months ago (and then forgot about the picture!), but I'm pulling it out now to share with you. I can't quite remember my inspiration for this dish, but I'm pretty sure it was the pile of oranges sitting in my kitchen, begging to be eaten. (The half glass of orange juice left in the container probably helped egg me on, too!).

This stir fry has a nice complex of crunchy and sweet paired with some heat from a few red pepper flakes. Served over rice, it's a meal that will satisfy any craving for Asian cuisine.


Orange Beef Stir Fry

Serves 4

1 lb. sirloin steak, sliced thinly
1/2 bag snow peas
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. orange juice
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp mirin
Peanut oil
cooked rice, for serving
fresh orange wedges, for garnish

1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok or saute pan over med-high heat. Add beef and stir until almost all of the pieces are no longer pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add sauce and bring to a boil. Simmer for 1-2 minutes to thicken, then add peas. Simmer for 1 more minutes, then stir in beef. Let sit over low heat for a minute to reheat the beef. 
3. Serve over rice, with orange wedges as a garnish.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!