Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Make every day important

Today is a very sad day for those who work with my mom at a middle school near Seattle. Last night, they lost a cherished member of their staff, Mr. Colton. I've never met him, but from what my mom said, he will be surely missed by both staff and students.



My mom wrote to me in an email:

Mr. Colton was the PE teacher and coached a lot of team sports, so the kids really loved him. He was like a huge teddy bear of a guy. Used to play (for a short time) for the Dallas Cowboys, he’s the life of the party here at school, so he will really be missed! Karilyn (one of my mom's co-workers and close friend) knew him for 20+ years. He was planning to retire soon. 

Sounds like a really great person who left God's green Earth a little too soon. But it was probably his time and he had completed his journey.

Please say a prayer for the Colton family tonight. I'm sure they would appreciate it. 




The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit
Psalm 34:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!