Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

Ever since I met Tim, I have never really celebrated Valentine's Day too much. When I was little, all I got from my parents was a good box of chocolate and a card. But of course that was good enough for me. In elementary school, we would decorate shoe boxes the day before and then tape them to our desk and everyone was required to bring valentines for everyone. I always made sure my best friend and the guy I liked got the best cards. (Not that that guy ever noticed..) Even then I was never really into Valentine's Day. Probably because I believe you should show your love and appriciation everyday to the ones you love. And now I don't really celebrate it too much because our anniversary is on the 15th :)

But it's still fun to get chocolate. Mmm..

On to food. I made the Chicken Paillards with Orange Thyme Butter. I served it with roasted yams and Parmesan roasted cauliflower. The cauliflower wasn't as cooked as I like it (it was still a little crisp) and I like mine soft, but not mushy. My broccoli and beans and pretty much most other vegetables on the other hand, I like still a little crisp. I'm weird like that. Anyways, the yams and cauliflower were tasty. The chicken was pretty tasty, but I could only eat about 1/2 a chicken breast before I was full. I liked that the chicken was nice a juicy and it was thin so it cooked really fast. And I cooked it in my cast iron grill pan so it had those nice grill marks on them. I'm all about presentation. Overall it was a good meal. Probably won't make it anytime soon again, but eventually.

I was supposed to make the Lime Shrimp with Sesame Crisps but I only got three hours of sleep friday night because the neighbors above us came home at 11 pm and were making noise until 1 am and then I was frustrated and angry and so I couldn't fall asleep till 3 am and had to get up at 6 to go to work. So I was really exhausted. So we ordered a pizza for dinner and had some friends over. We played Mario Kart Wii and Beatles Rock Band and TF2 and just laughed and had fun.

I definitely slept in this morning (didn't get up till 10:30) but I needed it. And then I made a cranberry nut bread! I've been craving it lately so I finally made some. Usually I make it with walnuts, but this time I decided to make it with pecans (since that's what I had) and added some flaked almonds on top. It was very yummy. Sour, but yummy.

 

Eh that picture doesn't really capture the yumminess. It's my cell phone camera and it's not very good. If only I had a good camera. Oh well. Only 4.5 more months till I will actually have money to buy a nice one. Or maybe a good one, but not a super expensive one. I don't need a bazillion functions on it.

Anyways, later Tim and I are going with my parents and his to Red Robin for dinner since me and my mom get free birthday burgers :) I wonder what kind I will get... 

Alright, I have to go clean and dry my hair and get ready.
Hezky den!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!