Tuesday, July 8, 2014

30 Days, 100 Miles



Ever since I started on my first cookbook, I have been struggling to get away from the computer and get more active. I mean, I kinda sorta workout, and I hike almost every weekend, but more often than not, I'm on my bum.

With more and more research showing that sitting on your rear for any length of time is bad for you, I am doing some fixes. First, I am making myself a standing desk from a shelf set I bought at IKEA forever ago and never got around to using. It's not going to be perfect and won't be able to hold a lot of weight, but at least I will be standing more instead of sitting!

Second, I'm getting more into working out at the gym. I've never really been one to go to a gym, but now that I have a membership, I might as well use it! I love going in the mornings when its quieter, the only problem is getting my butt out of bed before 7! (well, this morning it was more like 8, but still!)

And third, I wanted to start an Instagram challenge (with a weekly update here) called 30 days, 100 miles. I run, swim or cycle when I go to the gym, but other than that, I don't go walking and I really should. So now I'm going to walk 3 miles or so everyday (plus extra on the weekends) and I'd like you to join me!

Just take a picture while out on your walk and use the #30days100miles tag. If you want to tag me in it, use @rachelvdolekkitchen.

I can't wait to see where you all go walking!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!