Thursday, July 24, 2014

30 Days 100 Miles Update


I'm halfway through my challenge and not even a quarter of the way done with my miles. I really need to up my mileage! I have also had a lot of days where I didn't do any walking and that needs to change. If anything, I need to up my mileage to over 5 miles a day to meet my goal. And that's a lot! 

So, my question to myself is do I start to count my mileage from running, spinning or ellipticalling? (Is that even a word?) Or do I just push myself to get close to my goal? Do I push myself to reach my goal and then exceed?

The critical part of me wants to just quit now because that part of me doesn't think I will be able to do it. It's that inner super critical voice, saying you aren't good enough, saying you might as well quit and sit on the couch for days.

The perfectionist in me says that I should just push myself to get that goal no matter how hard it is. But is it worth it in the end, to push yourself so hard?

The realist in me wants to just strive to hit the goal, but if I don't make it, at least I got close and tried, right? Plus, 5 miles a day isn't exactly ideal, especially with the fact that it's summer and I don't do well in the heat.

So what am I going to do? I think I am going to start with keeping my 3 miles a day like in my original goal, and then try again next month to get to the 100.

Which side are you most like? How do you deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!