Monday, November 25, 2013

Kale and Noodle Soup

Chicken noodle soup is a staple in my kitchen whenever I'm feeling a little under the weather. I have shared my quick version here before, but the last time I made this soup, I decided to skip the chicken and add in kale instead for a healthy, meat-free soup.

The flavor is just as incredible as my chicken noodle soup and just as healing. I loved the addition of the kale, especially since kale is one of my favorite vegetables, with the sweet carrots and hearty onions and garlic. The noodles put it over the top to make a most comforting meal.



Kale and Noodle Soup

Serves 6

1 tbsp olive oil
1 sweet onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4" wide half moons
1 c. dried noodles
4 c. vegetable broth
1 bunch kale, washed and cut into 1" strips
salt and pepper
Crusty bread, for serving

1. Heat olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat, then add onion and cook until just beginning to turn brown, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, stir, cook for 30 sec then add the rest of the ingredients except the kale. Season with salt and pepper, then bring to a boil over high heat. 
2. Reduce to a simmer for about 7-8 minutes until noodles and carrots are cooked. Add kale and heat until gently wilted. Serve with crusty bread.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!