Saturday, November 26, 2011

Remembering to Rest

I have a hard time making myself rest. I tend to over schedule myself with stuff to do, or I have too many projects I want to work on. I always forget that I need to rest for a whole day every once in a while. Unfortunately, I usually only rest after my body starts crying out for it in the form of illness.

I have also come to realize that I need more rest during the fall months. I've been noticing the past few years that I typically will fall sick a time or two (or more!) during October, November and December, but then I'm relatively healthy the rest of the year. I'm not quite sure why this is. It might have to do with the fact that these are my least active months. In winter and spring, I have skiing on Sundays to keep me active. In summer, I replace skiing with hiking. I also spend more time outside walking. But once fall comes around, I tend to not exercise as much, yet I feel like I need more rest.

Maybe this time of year is when my body is recuperating from all the activities I do at other times of the year. And so my homework for the month of December is to learn to rest before I get sick. And to learn how to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!