Friday, February 25, 2011

Linguine with Tomato and Pancetta Sauce

Do you ever have those nights when you don’t feel like going to the store but don’t want to get takeout? Well last night was that kind of night for me. We’ve had snowy, icy weather lately, so I left from work a little early just to avoid traffic, but I forgot to go to the store on my way home. I didn’t want to order a pizza or get teriyaki, so I went scrounging through the fridge.


I found I still had some pancetta from earlier in the week, and right next to the pancetta I had half a jar of tomato sauce. So what did I make? Pasta!

Pasta is seriously a great last minute supper. I always make sure I have a jar of some sort of sauce just in case.

Here is a quick dressed-up pasta sauce for that late weeknight meal:



Linguine with Tomato and Pancetta Sauce

Serves 4

1 lb linguine
1 jar of your favorite tomato sauce
4 oz. thinly sliced pancetta
Parsley

1. Cook pasta according to directions on package. Meanwhile, stack pancetta slices and slice into ¼ in. strips.
2. Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and cook pancetta for 1-2 minutes. Add pasta sauce, stir to combine and turn heat to low. When pasta is cooked al dente, drain pasta (do not rinse!) and add to pan with sauce. Stir to combine.
3. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top and serve.

Enjoy!






   

Sign up for our email list to get weekly recipe digests, updates on events, get a free e-cookbook and be entered for a monthly drawing for a free cookbook (Up to a value of $31.95. Limit one per person). Who wouldn't want all that?


* indicates required


















      

   

   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!