Thursday, February 24, 2011

Garlic Shrimp Sandwiches

I have something to admit. It’s not exactly the prettiest thing there, and it’s kinda weird, so I warn you. Ok here it is:

I love garlic.

I love it on toasted bread, I love it roasted, and I love it in pretty much everything! Except raw. I don’t eat raw garlic. That’s a little too pungent. But other than that I love it. Love love love love love it!

So naturally I would love garlic shrimp sandwiches, which are surprisingly delicious, even though they are so simple. Even my fiancée was surprised. When he saw what was for dinner, he scrunched up his face and asked, “That’s it?”

Yes, honey, that’s it. And he whined and complained. But then he took a bite. And another bite. And another. And then it was gone!

“So, when are you going to make those again?”

I think that qualifies as a seal of approval.




Garlic Shrimp Sandwiches

Serves 4

1 lb. shrimp
4 tbsp butter (yes a lot, I know. But it’s worth it!)
3 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 tbsp garlic powder. Not quite the same, but still tasty!)
4 hoagie rolls

  1. Heat butter and garlic in large sauté pan over low heat until melted.
  2. Peel and devein shrimp. Rinse well under luke-warm water. Pat dry with paper towel.
  3. Turn heat up to medium on saucepan and add shrimp. Toss until pink and cooked, about 2-3 min.
  4. Cut rolls lengthwise almost all the way through. Put shrimp in between roll halves, and spoon some of the melted butter on top of shrimp.
  5. Serve with cole slaw.

Enjoy!






   

Sign up for our email list to get weekly recipe digests, updates on events, get a free e-cookbook and be entered for a monthly drawing for a free cookbook (Up to a value of $31.95. Limit one per person). Who wouldn't want all that?


* indicates required

















      

   

   



3 comments:

  1. I love this sandwich. I'm new to your blog and after reading this post decided to browse through your others. I'm so glad I did. I really like the food and recipes you feature here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious, I would most definite try this. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    Have a great week,
    Mari

    ReplyDelete

Share This!