Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tortellini in Broth

One of my favorite ways to enjoy tortellini is in a soup. I’ve seen many recipes for tortellini in broth. Some have lots of additions, others are very simple, but so far this one is my favorite. It’s great on a cold, winter day and it’s quick to make. I do use store-bought chicken broth, even though I know homemade would be better, but I think if you buy a good brand, it will still taste fantastic. Personally, my favorite is the Low-Sodium Pacific Natural Foods Chicken Broth. It’s very chicken-y, with a hint of onion, but it’s really low in salt so you can adjust the seasoning to your taste. This recipe is so simple, but really is so delicious.


 

Tortellini in Broth

4 c. chicken broth
10 oz. fresh cheese tortellini
2 tbsp. white wine
Parsley

  1. Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan and cook tortellini as directed on package (usually 4-5 minutes).
  2. Turn off heat and stir in wine. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with chopped parsley.

Enjoy!






   

Sign up for our email list to get weekly recipe digests, updates on events, get a free e-cookbook and be entered for a monthly drawing for a free cookbook (Up to a value of $31.95. Limit one per person). Who wouldn't want all that?


* indicates required

















      

   

   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!