Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Potatoes, Cauliflower, Onions and Brats.. yum!

My morning routine is usually rather hectic. I sleep late, then try to hurry around, making up for lost time, but I still leave late. I usually don't have time (or the brain capacity at 5:30am) to figure out what I'm going to make for dinner that night. On the weekends, I try to make a meal plan for the week, but yesterday morning, I forgot to write down what groceries I needed. As I was leaving work, I realized, I don't know what's for dinner!
Thanks to MegaHowto.com

Now, that's a big deal for me. Food is a big deal for me. But no fear! I whipped something up that was delicious and used up my leftover cauliflower!

Thanks to BigOven.com

Enter Roasted Cauliflower, Onions and Sweet Potatoes with Bratwursts. Om nom nom delicious!

I don't have any proof (i.e. pictures) since we were hungry, we scarfed our food. So I will instead have to substitute pictures from someone else...

Thanks to Fir0002



Roasted Cauliflower, Onions and Sweet Potatoes with Bratwursts

3 sweet potatoes (or yams), cut into wedges or your favorite shape
1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1/2 onion, cut into 1/2 in. wedges
4 bratwursts
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
1/2 to 1 c. of grated Parmesan cheese (depending on how cheesy you like your veggies)

Set the oven to 350 degrees F. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp canola oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add brats and sear, 5 min on each side or until nicely browned. Add a 1/4 c. of water to pan and cover. Steam until done, about 7-10 minutes. 

When oven is heated, add the vegetable to a sheet pan (or two if necessary, but rotate and swap half way through cooking) and coat with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 25-30 min. As each vegetable finishes, remove from oven and keep warm in a foil covered bowl. When the veggies are all fork-tender, return to sheet pan, sprinkle with 1/2 the cheese and roast in the oven for 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.

Enjoy!






   

Like this recipe? Sign up for our email  list to get weekly recipe digests, updates on events, get a free e-cookbook and be entered for a monthly drawing for a free cookbook (Up to a value of $31.95. Limit one per person). Who wouldn't want all that?


* indicates required

















      

   

   



2 comments:

  1. Sounds intriguing! For reasons I cannot articulate, I have never roasted cauliflower. Time to change that!

    ps - Our dinner tonight was a partial flop. No one had seconds. Except the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I always hate when dinner doesn't turn out good. But at least the cat eats well!

    ReplyDelete

Share This!