Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fall's Flavors

Fall and winter are my two favorite seasons. Well, and spring. Basically I just don't like summer.

I love roaring fires, comfy blankets, hot cocoa, and snow. They all come in every season except summer. So you get my reasoning, right?

But one of the best reasons I love fall is the food. I absolutely adore roasting, braising, stewing. The melding of the flavors, the sweet smell that perfumes the house (or apartment). Everything about it just makes me feel warm and cozy. Comfortable.

It's really too bad that my schedule doesn't allow me to make time consuming dishes except on the spare Saturday or Sunday that I don't have anything planned. I would love to make something that is complicated or just takes a long time everyday. Oh well.

So now that I've been talking all about long, slow meals, I'm gonna give you a recipe that takes only about 15 minutes. And it's a side dish. Kinda lame, huh?

Can you tell I'm in a cooking rut? And a picture-taking rut?

Now that daylight savings time is over, I am driving home in the dark and cooking in the dark,  so it's a little hard for me to take a picture of my food, in the dark. I'm working on building a light box, but as I'm not that creative, I'm going to have to hire some help. As in my fiance, the engineer. But he doesn't know about it yet, so that's kinda hard to make it happen, huh?

So you will have to bare with me as I change things around and figure stuff out. I apologize in advance.


Buttered Green Beans

1 lb. green beans, trimmed and washed
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp of your favorite herb (preferably fresh), chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste

1. Fill a large stockpot with water to about 2/3 of the way up the sides. Bring to a rapid boil, then add 2 tbsp salt along with the beans. Cook for about 4-5 min or until as cooked as you prefer. Drain and let finish cooking in colander. 
2. Heat butter over low heat in a 10-in skillet until melted. Add herbs and swirl to mix. Add green beans to coat and reheat. Serve with mashed potatoes and some chicken sausages. 

Enjoy!

Like this recipe? Sign up for our email  list to get weekly recipe digests, updates on events, get a free e-cookbook and be entered for a monthly drawing for a free cookbook (Up to a value of $31.95. Limit one per person). Who wouldn't want all that?


* indicates required













 

   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!