Monday, November 8, 2010

My Health List

Have you ever seen the movie Wish Upon a Star, starring Katherine Heigl and Danielle Harris? It was my all-time favorite movie in junior high. I would watch it almost every weekend. It drove my parents crazy and they could never figure out why I wanted to watch it so often. I now think it was because I was dying to be like Alexia (Katherine’s character) when in real life I was definitely more like Hayley (Danielle’s character).



Wish upon a Star is a feel-good movie with a great moral for teens (that I obviously didn’t get!). The moral of the story is that just because you are beautiful doesn’t mean you have to act dumb and if you are smart, you shouldn’t feel like you have to be ugly, because you can be pretty too! Oh and the other thing about the grass is always greener on the other side, when most often it’s not. Either way, it’s a great movie. Go watch it!

On to the point of this post! In the movie, Alexia and her friends make up this list of things they have to do everyday. Most of the things are silly, like shaving their legs everyday and never wearing the same outfit two days in a row. I always wanted to have a list like theirs, but I just never could find one that stuck. I tried the whole “focus on my looks” list, I focused on lists that other people made, but none worked! I have now decided to make a list focused on inner beauty. Well, rather inner health. Health of my body, health of my soul. I believe that if you take care of those two, outer beauty will follow.

So I’ve been slowly compiling a list of things to do everyday (or for some, once or twice a week). Here is what I have so far:

  1. Drink 1 cup of green tea everyday (or more!)
  2. Eat as many fruits and veggies as I can.
  3. Spend a moment to think of all the things I’m thankful for.
  4. Close my eyes for at least 5 minutes a day to clear my mind of all the clutter.
  5. Get to bed at a reasonable hour, even on weekends!
  6. Get up when my alarm is calling me out of my warm, cozy bed.
  7. Smile!
  8. Swim twice a week, or more.
  9. Ski once or twice a week once it starts to snow. (Skiing is great mental and physical therapy for me. I can just focus on the hill and my technique and nothing else.)
  10. Drink lots of water.
  11. Be happy! Find happiness in the smaller things in life.
That’s it so far.

What would you add to your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!