Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Salmon and Pea Rice Bowl

Another recipe from my college days, this one came about as a way to use up my cafeteria money, but still eat healthy. I would buy some salmon from the store, then get precooked rice from the cafeteria and peas from the salad bar. I had a microwave steamer that I loved to use because then it meant not having to haul all my cooking utensils and ingredients down 4 stories and through an underground tunnel to get to the only stoves in the dorm.



I probably ate this dish at least once a week for my first year at UW. I had forgotten about it for several years until one day it popped in my head while I was at the store, trying to figure out a super quick meal I could make before hitting the books. This recipe definitely hits the spot!





Salmon and Pea Rice Bowl
Serves 2
1/3 lb. salmon fillet
½ c. frozen peas
1 c. cooked rice
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil



 1.      Put salmon on a microwave safe plate and cover with saran wrap. Microwave for 2 minutes on high until salmon begins to flake. Set aside. Microwave peas with 1 tbsp water on high for 1 minute. Add rice and heat for 1 more minute.
2.      Flake salmon and mix with rice and peas. Toss mixture with soy sauce and sesame oil and serve.
  
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!