Saturday, July 6, 2013

Mailbox Peak



Mailbox peak is like a rite of passage for any serious hiker, and the stats are definitely intimidating. 3800 vertical feet in 2.5 miles. My knees were definitely hurting the next day (and a few days after that), but the hike up was well worth it. 

 





I am definitely one of those people that gets summit fever, and as soon as we came out of the trees, I started to race up to the top. I have no idea where I got that sudden burst of energy, but it was so worth it! Tina, Valerie and Crystal all looked at me like I was crazy. And I probably am!





Rainier was out and looking stunning, as ever. The views from the top were definitely worth the pain, and when I’m feeling a tad bit sadistic, I mention it to my friends that we should go again. I get lots of dirty looks for saying so!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!