Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Orecchiette with Zucchini and Bacon

I've been having a bit of writer's block when it comes to blogging. I can write up recipes no problem and test them out plenty of times, but writing the part that goes above the recipe? I'm not doing very well with that.

I don't know why I have writer's block for that. I can write oodles about my hikes and trips, but get to describe a recipe that I wrote.. I have to pause for hours before it comes to me. Does anyone else have this problem? What are your solutions?? I need some inspirations...

In other news, I've decided to split my cooking and travels into two different blogs. If you would like to still read about my hikes and travels, you can visit my new blog, Rachel's Travels. I'll still be posting a lot of food stuff here, so don't worry :)

Speaking of recipes and food stuffs, I came up with this recipe last week to use up my last little bit of zucchini I had bought. My fridge contained bacon, carrots and onions, and I was craving pasta, so I sauteed the bacon and veggies while the pasta cooked, then combined it all together for one really good meal. It came together so quickly and was so comforting. It was just perfect for dinner.



Orecchiette with Zucchini and Bacon
Serves 4

1 c. orecchiette or any shaped pasta
1 garlic clove, minced
2 strips bacon, sliced
1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
1 zucchini, diced
olive oil
salt and pepper

In a large stock pot, cook orecchiette according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Cook bacon until almost crispy, about 3-4 minutes, then remove from pan, leaving some of the bacon fat. Add a little more olive oil if needed, then saute garlic, onions and carrots for 4-5 minutes until carrots begin to soften. Add zucchini, salt and pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes until zucchini is cooked. Add orecchiette and bacon to pan and toss to combine, adding a little more olive oil if needed to coat everything. Serve hot.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!